- BioSpec Products, Inc.
- In Stock
The Cryo-Cup Grinder is a mortar and pestle specifically designed to pulverize and powder plant and animal tissue samples at liquid nitrogen temperatures. It gives superior results compared to conventional ceramic mortar-pestles.
The Cryo-Cup Grinder consists of a stainless steel, semicircular bowl (or mortar) imbedded in a double walled, insulating cup. Up to 5 grams of hard frozen tissue is placed in the mortar precooled to liq N2 temperature. Using the special hand-held pestle made of non-heat conducting plastic, the tissue is quickly reduced to a powder. Two different sized pestles are provided for a variety of applications.
- Ideal for extraction of proteins, enzymes and nucleic acids
- Stainless steel mortar strictly regulates temperature. Once cooled, no further liquid nitrogen is need during grinding
- Designed for 100mg to 5 grams of fresh tissue
- Non-porous, stainless steel mortar minimizes sample loss
- Sterilizable. Easily cleaned. Affordable... stock several to process multiple samples