RTS 500 Wheat Germ CECF Kit
- In Stock
- OR -
This product has a minimum quantity of 1
- Cell-free expression of up to 1 mg functional eukaryotic protein
- Express eukaryotic proteins with high success, generally without sequence optimization
- Maximize the production of active heat-sensitive proteins, due to an optimum reaction temperature of 24°C
- Milligram-scale protein expression of functional eukaryotic proteins
5 rxn of 1 ml
Reagents for coupled transcription/translation reactions
- In contrast to traditional eukaryotic in vitro transcription/translation reactions, which run for only 4 hours in batch mode, the RTS Wheat Germ system is the only eukaryotic protein synthesis system that uses the Continuous-Exchange Cell-Free (CECF) technology. This CECF system prolongs the reaction for at least 24 hours and increases the yield dramatically.
In the RTS 500 Wheat Germ CECF Kit, transcription and translation take place simultaneously in the 1 ml reaction compartment of the reaction device. Substrates and energy components needed for a sustained reaction are continuously supplied via two semipermeable membranes. At the same time, inhibitory reaction by-products are diluted via diffusion through the same membranes into the 10 ml feeding chamber.
The system accepts linear templates as well as mRNA and vectors/ plasmid-DNA. Depending on the protein, expression yields of more than 1 mg protein per reaction can be obtained within 24 hours in a 1 ml protein synthesis reaction.