Vivaspin 2, MWCO 3 - 100 kDa
- Vivaspin 2
- In Stock
Pack size 25
Vivaspin spin columns are designed for fast, nondenaturing concentration of biological samples by membrane ultrafiltration.
- High recovery rates – Up to 30-fold concentration of the sample can be achieved, with recovery of the target molecule typically exceeding 95%.
- Sample protection – the patented Vivaspin dead-stop technology ensures samples cannot be concentrated to dryness and enables direct concentrate recovery.
- Ease-of-use – one-step sample concentration in a single tube, for minimal sample handling and reduced sample loss.
- pH compatibility – for a broad range of pH 1 to 9.
- Easy, contact-free storage by reverse spinning the concentrate into the recovery cap
- Minimal protein adsorption – thanks to the Vivaspin polycarbonate tube design.
Spin Column Protein Concentration – How Does it Work?
Vivaspin sample concentrators cater to scientists working with sample volumes ranging from 100 μl to 20 ml, with a range of MWCO values from Mr 3 000 to 100 000.
An upper compartment contains sample and the lower compartment separated by a semipermeable membrane. Centrifugation is applied to force solvent through the membrane, leaving a more concentrated sample in the upper chamber.
Tip: To maximize recovery of your sample, select a MWCO at least 50% smaller than the molecular size of the target molecule.